Shopify is an E-Commerce website builder that was founded in Canada in 2004 and is now considered to be one of the best affordable E-Commerce builders available in the world. Shopify is well liked for its easy drag and drop features and the way in which Shopify simplifies the process of creating an online shop. What makes Shopify the most attractive online builder is the ability to use professional themes that can be implemented on a users website with ease.
E-commerce website industry is very competitive but what we have noticed is the less focus on coded websites and much more emphasis on drag and drop features.
Figures related to Shopify
This website builder isn’t your average solution. In fact, there are already 175,000 store owners who have already used it for processing over A£10 billion sales.
Who can use it?
If you have a product to sell online, you can do it using Shopify. There isna€™t a limitation as to what you can legally sell using Shopify. For now, ita€™s utilised for all kinds of tangible products like clothing and fashion, electronics, jewellery, furniture, sports, games, toys, etc.
Shopify isna€™t like a free WordPress theme that you can download and start selling. But if you want a robust website builder, Shopify is a real candidate. An impressive and responsive website that can help you grow your sales through higher conversion rate.
Depending on your companya€™s sales and how you want to take it for the future, Shopify is available from $9 for its Lite version to $179 for the unlimited version.
Take a look at the complete pricing details below:
Lite Version – More like a demo with no real features
Even though Shopify has added a low-cost version of its website builder take note that the Lite Plan canâ€™t be used to build a website. Ita€™s ideal for those who already have set up their website but need to convert it into an online store.
Hosting and Domain
Your subscription to Shopify will include hosting that is quick, reliable and unmetered, so you won’t have to worry about the upkeep of your website. Shopify provides global servers so everyone around the world can experience the lightning fast speed servers that Shopify provides. You can use an existing domain name or purchase one through Shopify, this may even be .myshopify.com domain if you do not want to buy one.
If you purchase a domain name through Shopify, you will be able to use unlimited email forwarding. Messages sent to your new email addresses (e.g. [email protected]) will be forwarded to an email account you already own (e.g. [email protected]). This will save you time, and help your business look professional.
Shopify Content Delivery Network (CDN)
Shopify was the first hosted e-commerce website solution to use a content delivery network. A CDN is a vast network of servers placed across the world to ensure your customers can load your site store quickly, no matter where they are. The server is chosen based on proximity and the quickest speed so users will enjoy fast speeds. This is important for business websites as the response times have shown to increase conversion rates.
Security and Backup Features
Shopify has a secure data centre that backs up all your data daily. This includes products, customers, orders, and inventory. Not only is your data updated every day, but any security updates will also be maintained by Shopify instantly, so you don’t need to worry about having to do it manually.
Shopify provides online store owners with a shopping cart that includes SSL certificate that uses the same level of encryption that is used by banks to keep all information secure. They provide an industry standard 256-bit encryption technology. This is at no extra cost, which is surprising considering other e-commerce websites charge a considerable amount extra. Shopify also provides you with a Certified Level 1 PCI compliant, and this certification level ensures that customers using credit cards/debit cards are secure online.
- There are more than 100 professional themes that you can choose from for your online store. Your website needs to be flawless and creative to build credibility and trust. If it doesna€™t look professional, it wona€™t convert into real sales.
- Shopify has integrated other designers with their website builder that makes it an all-in-one solution. These tools include those required for inventory management, accounting, marketing, customer service, shipping, social media, etc. Shopify doesna€™t only provide you with an online website but a complete solution to run your online business successfully
- It offers a 24/7 customer support through phone, live chat and email.
- Shopify sorts out all hosting and security features automatically and with unlimited bandwidth included in your subscription you can focus on selling the products.
- All of Shopify themes are integrated with mobile and tablet devices, so customers may still go on your website with its responsive themes.
- There is a monthly transaction fee (1-2 percent) for lower plans which gets waived off on higher unlimited plans.
- The plug-ins that you require for running your shop arena€™t free and may also require a monthly fee.
- Editing your Shopify website needs a Shopify expert due to their own programming language a€œLiquida€. So it wona€™t be as cheap as hiring an HTML or CSS expert.
What are you waiting for Shopify is offering a free trial so that you can test it out for yourself, all you need to do is Click Here